Friday 21 March 2014

Masthead ideas

My masthead ideas were inspired by Q Magazine, its big, bold and bright one letter masthead seemed extremely effective to me and is also quite original. The colour scheme of white and red contrast well against each other especially when placed on a spread out image which covers the whole magazine. The masthead doesn't take up a lot of room and sits neatly in the corner of the front cover, its easy to remember and is also quite catchy. The magazine was originally named Cue (as in a sense of cueing a record, ready to play) but changed it names to Q in order to avoid confusion with the sport of snooker. I thought about the idea of naming my magazine with just one letter and came up with the idea of R Magazine, this stands simply for Rock as this is my chosen genre. Using Photoshop I created a few sample of the masthead changing the colour around to figure out which would suit my magazine the best.


I used the font Perpetua as it gives of a sophisticated style and so therefore would draw in an age group from young to old. The colours I have tested are all very different and seem to work well together. I will test colours when creating my second and final draft.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment